The conducting authority has been been released NEET Hall Ticket on 17th April 2018. NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) is a national level entrance examination conducted for students seeking admission in MBBS and BDS courses offered by various government and private colleges. It is a single tier examination conducted once a year. NEET 2018 is the gateway to admission for all medical institutes of India in academic session 2018-19. In this article you will get complete information about NEET Application Form.
NEET 2018 Application Form Correction process has been closed.
The Admit Card will be released in the 2nd week of April. Click here to download Hall Ticket
All central and state government medical colleges take admission on the basis of NEET score. Candidates who want to appear for the NEET Exam they should fill the application form, after checking the eligibility criteria. NEET 2018 application form is available online at official website.
Aadhaar Card is not mandatory for NEET Application Process. Check here Aadhar FAQs.
Click here to apply for NEET 2018.
Click here for Registered Candidate Login.
Click here for Forget Registration Number.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply for top International Institutions. Click Here
The application form filling process has four steps- Registration, Entering Information, Uploading photos and payment of fees.
NEET 2018 Application Fee
NEET Application Process:
Four simple steps for NEET Application Process:
- Apply Online
- Upload your scanned Images
- View Candidate Photo
- Make Payment
- Print Confirmation page
NEET 2018 Registration Process
Candidate can fill application form before 12th March 2018. Read instructions carefully while you are applying for NEET, there is no other mode is permitted to applicants. Aadhaar Card is the Mandatory process for all Indian Citizen at registration process time. Students need to prepare their scanned photographs, signature and thumb impression for registration process. A candidates who make mistakes at registration will able to correct their details from 15th March to 17th March 2018.
Update: NEET has replaced AIPMT and other exams. There is no institute-wise entrance exams, all medical institutions take scholars on basis of performance in NEET.
Highlights can be seen below:
Eligibility to appear in NEET 2018
There is different criteria for different groups of students. The eligibility for NEET 2018 is as follow:
- Both Citizens of India and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) are certified to appear in NEET 2018 examination.
- Students must be over an age of at least 17 years at the time of admission.
- The maximum age limit which is determined for candidates willing to seek admission under 15% All India Quote Seat occurs to be 25 years.
- There is some relaxation in upper age limit for students belonging to reserved category that is SC/ST.
- The maximum age for reserved category is 30 years.
- Candidates must have cleared the 12th standard (10+2) examination from a recognized board or equivalent.
- Students must have these compulsory subjects in their Higher Secondary Board Examination-Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English.
- General candidates are required to have a score of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The marks for reserved students are 40% aggregate in the same three subjects.
- Physically handicapped students should have a score of 45%.
- Students belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only.
- Indian candidates applying for NEET 2018 must have UID or an Aadhaar Card.
- Aadhaar Card is compulsory for all the candidates except those belonging to these states-Meghalaya, Assam, Jammu & Kashmir.
NEET 2018 Application Dates
NEET Application Form is available now. Candidate can get important dates from below given table:
|Notification Release||8 February, 2018|
|Application Form Availability||8 February,2018|
|Last date for Application form submission||12th March, 2018 (Closed)
|Application Correction||15th March 2018 to 17th March 2018
|Release of admit card||April 2018|
|Date of the examination||6th May 2018 (Declared)|
|Declaration of Results||1st Week of June 2018|
How to apply for NEET 2018?
Students can apply for NEET 2018 in online mode only. No offline application form is available. The detailed step by step procedure applying for NEET 2018 is given below:
- Go to the official NEET website @cbseneet.nic.in
- Click on ‘Apply for NEET 2018’ button in the lower part of the homepage.
- Enter your name, Date of birth and other details.
- After filling the relevant information, click on ‘Register’.
- Once successfully registered, you can proceed for further steps.
Filling the application form
- Login using the ID and Password generated in the registration process.
- Once signed in, you have to fill other personal details like Father’s name, Mother’s name, Gender etc.
- Enter your academic qualification details, senior secondary details are mandatory to be filled in.
- Fill the contact information.
Uploading the documents
- After you have filled all the details asked in the previous steps, you have to upload the necessary documents.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- The scanned images should be in the format suggested in the NEET 2018 Information Brochure.
- Click on ‘Save and Continue’ to save your application form and move to the next step.
- Candidates can edit their form till the fee not paid. Once the fee is paid, no correction is allowed in the application form.
Application Fee Payment
- When the uploading part is completed, click on ‘Payment’.
- You need to choose mode of payment that is offline or online.
- Unreserved candidates have to pay INR 1400 and others have to pay INR 750.
- Bank and other charges may apply.
Offline Fee payment
- If candidate choose offline mode, he/she is redirected to a new page.
- Choose one of the banks given in the list, pick the one in which you want to pay the fee. Nearest branch to your house will be favourable.
- The banks available are- HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI and Syndicate Bank.
- After indicating the bank, generate the E-Challan of the declared bank.
- Take a print out of the challan.
- Fill the necessary details on the challan generated and approach the bank.
- The fee can be paid in any branch of the bank.
- After paying the fees at the bank, you get a receipt or Student’s Copy.
- Keep the copy safe for future reasons.
Online Fee Payment
- If candidate choose online mode, she/he is redirected to a page with new options.
- Choose the payment option as per your suitability.
- NEET 2018 application fee can be paid using Debit card, Credit Card or through online Net Banking.
- Extra charges may apply at application correction time.
- Once the fee is successfully paid, a fee receipt is generated.
- Download the receipt and take a print out.
- Save the print out for future reference.
Aadhaar Card Requirement
Those who want to apply for NEET 2018, need to know that aadhaar card is mandatory. Aadhar guidelines are given below:
- Candidates need to enter their aadhar number while filling application form.
- Who are awaiting for their aadhaar card need to fill application by entering aadhaar enrollment number.
- Candidates who belong from J&K, Assam and Meghalya can apply with Passport Number, Ration Card, Bank Account Number and photo ID proof issued by government of India.
Check complete details from below given images:
Candidates need to fill applicants personal details, academic details and contact information to be filled.
|Details asked||How to fill|
|Name||Enter your full name|
|Father’s name||Enter your Father’s full name|
|Mother’s Name||Enter your mother’s full name|
|Gender||Choose your gender|
|Date of Birth||Fill your birth date|
|Email ID||Enter a valid Email ID|
|Phone Number||Enter you contact number|
|Nationality||Indian or other|
|Aadhar Number or UID||Enter your 12 digit Unique Identification Number|
|State of Eligibility||State from which you have passed 12th standard|
|Name of Institution||Name of the school from which you passed Class XII|
|Name of the Board||Name of your Board in Class 12|
|Year of Passing||Year in which you studied Class XII|
|Uploading documents||Upload your photo, signature and finger impression in JPG format|
Application Form Correction
NEET application process will continue till 9th March 2018. By mistakenly, if in case candidates enter wrong information in the application form they can rectify or correct it when correction window will be operational in the official website from 12th March to 16th March 2018.
CBSE allows the candidates to update or modify NEET application form from 12th March to 16th March 2018
- Candidates can log in on the official website and make the corrections in the given time period.
- The correction window will open for a couple of days.
- If there is some problem with a candidate’s photo or details, he/she is sent an Email regarding the discrepancy. Candidates are advised to check their Email regularly.
What corrections can be made?
Students can edit below given particulars from the application form, once the correction window will appear in official website.
- State Code of Eligibility
- Disability Status
- Medium of the exam
How to retrieve your password
If in case candidates forget his login password, then candidates need to follow the below given steps for retrieving password:
- Visit the official website, click on forget password link.
- A new password generated window will appear in front of you.
- Then you need to fill the form and click on reset password button then an otp will sent to your registered mobile number or Email ID.
- Then you need to create a new password after entering the otp.
- Then login into your dashboard
Details you need to enter in the Application Form
- Name as per aadhaar card
- Date of birth as per aadhaar card
- Gender as per aadhaar card
- Mother’s name as per high school certificate
- Father’s name as per high school certificate
- Self declaration
- Aadhaar number / aadhaar enrolment no. / registration no. Issued by facilitation centre / passport no. / ration card no./bank account no. / any other valid govt. Id. No.
- District of birth
- Occupation of father’s / guardian’s / mother’s
- Educational qualifications of father’s / guardian’s / mother’s
- Annual income of father’s / guardian’s / mother ’s
- Question paper language
- Are you the only child of your parents
- Year of class xii / equivalent passed / appearing
- Percentage of marks / grade in class x / equivalent and xii / equivalent
- Type of institution of class xii / equivalent
- Belonging to rural / urban area
- State to which the applicant belongs
- Qualifying examination code
- School education board
- Choice of examination centre
Candidates can use following details according to the their category where they belongs:
|For all Indian states||Aadhaar Number issued by UIDAI|
|Those who belong from Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir states||Aadhaar Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number or Number of any other Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs||Aadhaar Number, Passport Number|
|Foreigners / OCI / PIO||Passport number|
Important Guidelines for Images:
While uploading photographs into the application form candidates need to follow the important guidelines which are given here:
- JPG Format
- 10kb to 100kb
- Should be done by the candidates in running hand
- JPG format
- 3kb to 20kb
Language availability of question papers
|S.No.||Language of Qs Paper||Exam Centre|
|1||Hindi and English||All cities|
|2||Assamese and English||Assam|
|3||Bengali and English||West Bengal, Tripura|
|4||Gujarati and English||Gujarat, Daman, Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|5||Kannada and English||Karnataka|
|6||Marathi and English||Maharashtra|
|7||Oriya and English||Odisha|
|8||Tamil and English||Tamil Nadu|
|9||Telugu and English||Andhra Pradesh, Telangana|
|10||Urdu and English||All cities|
Things to Remember
- Application Form is available via online mode @ cbseneet.nic.in.
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory for NEET Registration.
- Check the eligibility criteria before you start filling the form.
- Application Fee can be paid via online mode only.
- If in case candidates has made any correction in the application form, they need to take a copy of printout for future reference.
- If you want to make changes in Application Form, you need to pay the additional charges, if applicable.
- No need to send print-out copy of the confirmation page.
NEET 2018 Highlights
- Candidates need to select the medium of question paper carefully, it can not be changed in correction period.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per the randomized manner.
- Candidates belonging from the creamy layer of OBC need to select unreserved category.
- Candidates need to fill all the details carefully.
- For submitting the application fee via online mode candidates need to keep credit card/debit card in their hand.
- Candidates need to keep safe confirmation page for future reference.
- Candidates need to submit application form before the last date.
- Candidates need to submit only single form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: NEET 2018 will be conducted on 6th May,2018(Sunday)
Ans: Yes, you are eligible. The age should be 17 years at the time of admission on or before 31 December 2018.
Ans: No, basic details filled at the time of registration cannot be corrected.
Ans: NEET 2018 application form can be filled online only. You can go to the nearest Facilitation centre for help in applying for NEET.
Ans: You need to check the official website. The correction form starts between 12 March to 16 March 2018.
Ans: No. NEET Application Form is available online mode only.
Ans: No, The Application fee will not be refunded in any case.
Ans: Yes you can edit it with Correction window which is started from 12 March 2018 to 16 March 2018
Ans: Yes, they can apply for NEET Exam with the help of passport details.
Ans: Yes it is necessary to upload scanned photographs with name and date of taking.
Ans: There is an option available i.e. Forget Application Number or I can’t access my account, click on those link and retrieve your password.
Ans: No it is not necessary for all states except J&K, AP & Telangana. Candidates who belong from these states and interested for 15% All India Quota Counseling must have the self declaration documents.
Ans: You can get admission in these colleges with the help of All India Quota Counseling process.
Ans: There is no option available in the application form for uploading category certificate.
Ans: No, AIIMS conduct his own separate exam for admission.
Ans: Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates must also have Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject. For reserved category the minimum marks should be 40% with same subjects.
Ans: For general category the minimum age should be 17 years and the maximum age is 25 years as on or before December 31 of the year of admission.There is a relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Ans: From the year, Candidates have no cap limit for NEET attempts.
Ans: No, NIOS candidates are not eligible for the NEET exam.
Ans: The application fee for NEET 2018 is INR 1400 for General/OBC category and INR 750 for SC/ST/PH category.
Ans: The application fee payment can be made through online mode only. There are three options to pay the application fee:
- Debit/credit card
- Net banking/UPI
- E-wallet of various service providers.
Ans: Aadhaar card, Scanned photograph and Scanned signature.
Ans: Aadhaar card is mandatory for all the Indian citizens to fill NEET application form.
Ans: No, only Indian citizens(except those belonging to Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir) are required to have Aadhaar card to apply for NEET 2018. NRIs need to enter their passport details.
Ans: There is no need to send the confirmation page to the CBSE.